Colour-changing foliage and cup-shaped leaves.
With its thick, sturdy foliage and leaves that are two contrasting shades of green, this shade lover has earned the name "Hulk"! Later in the season, the centres take on a yellowish hue. Colored Hulk's unique cup-shaped leaves add a note of exotic distinction to patio pots and borders. It features a compact, mounded form that bears soft purple flowers. Good slug resistance.
- Botanical Name: Hosta 'Colored Hulk'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Time: Mid to late summer
- Light Requirements: Partial Shade, Full Shade
- Flower Color: Lavender colored flowers
- Flower Form: Bell shaped flowers
- Foliage Type: Yellow leaves with dark green margin
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 16 inches
- Spread: 24 inches
- Planting Instructions: Dig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Firm soil around roots and water in well.
- Soil Requirements: Tolerant of a wide range of soils, but best in well drained.
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Remove spent flower stems to tidy up the plants for the rest of the growing season.