Excellent flowering ground cover features bicolour blooms.
This might be considered the perfect ground cover, with its 4–6" tall carpet of lush foliage and 8–10" tall stems that hold dark pink buds opening to pinkish red flowers. The showy blooms are quite attractive to pollinators such as bees and butterflies—a real benefit to your garden and surrounding properties, too. Add to front borders for a colourful summer accent. Slug resistant.
- Botanical Name: Persicaria affinis 'Superba'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Time: Summer
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: When flower is closed dark pink, when it age it will bloom in pinkish red.
- Flower Form: long-stalked flower spikes of tiny, narrowly bell-shaped
- Foliage Type: Large, ovate to lance-shaped bright green foliage
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 10 - 12 inches
- Spread: 12 - 15 inches
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below the soil and 12 - 15" apart
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Not needed