Great tolerance to hot, humid summers!
With its fern-patterned leaves that transform from green to russet red in fall, this elegant perennial puts on an extended, glorious colour show year in and year out. You'll swoon at its exquisite sprays of creamy white, astilbe-like panicles. The airy inflorescence of these showy, starshaped plumes arrives in early summer, growing horizontally on upright, bronzehued stems above a handsome, shrubby habit.
- Botanical Name: Aruncus horatio
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 4-7
- Flowering Time: Early summer
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade, Full Shade
- Flower Color: Creamy white flowers.
- Flower Form: Sprasy of creamy white flowers.
- Foliage Type: Fern like foliage that is tinted in green. The foliage will turn a lovely russet-red in the Fall.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 40 - 60 inches
- Spread: 18 - 24 inches
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below with soil level and 18-24" apart
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: After flowering, cut the stems of the flowers to the same height as the foliage is.