🪴We are committed to providing our customers with quality, affordable seeds. 🌱
A native of the Sahel in tropical Africa and the Arabian Peninsula it is a succulent that grows 2 – 3 metres high in its natural habitat. It lends itself very well to pot culture and makes a lovely indoor specimen with its swollen basal trunk (caudex) and evergreen foliage. There are only two occasions when the plant will drop leaves and that is when it is too cold (temperatures must be above 10°C) or when it is getting insufficient water.
The plant likes a free draining soil like most cactus or succulents and 1 part vermiculite with 2 parts potting mix is recommended. The plant may be ‘lifted’ when repotting to expose the highly sculptured roots and trunk and add an interesting feature to your indoor plant.
Desert Rose are a relative of the Frangipani and Oleander family and the resemblance can be seen in the flowers which can pink or reddish often with a whitish flush radiating out from the centre.
How to Grow?
- 1. Fill a seed-starting flat with a quality seed-starting compost. Alternatively, make your own soil by mixing together equal portions of coarse sand, peat moss and potting mix.
- 2. Pack down the growing media in the tray using the back of a spoon, a small piece of wood or the base of a small planting pot.
- 3. Moisten the growing media in the seed-starting flat until it's moist to the touch. Remove the tufts from each of the seeds, if they are present.
- 4. Place the seeds over the surface of the growing media so there are about 2 to 3 seeds every inch. Set the seeds firmly by pushing them into the soil using your fingers.
- 5. Cover the Adenium Obesum seeds with no more than 1/3 of an inch of the growing media and mist the top of the soil thoroughly.
- 6. Transfer the seed-starting tray to a warm (above 55 degrees Fahrenheit), light-filled location within your home that gets 8 to 10 hours of filtered light a day. Spray water onto the growing media to keep it moist, but not sodden wet. Germination of Adenium Obesum seeds will begin in 7 to 10 days.
- 7. Prepare to transplant the seedlings when they have about 6 true leaves and are at least one month old.
- 8. Mix together a good quality potting mix, with about 1/3 to 1/2 its amount of perlite, small gravel or coarse sand. Place the mixture into individual 4- or 5-inch pots until each is about 2/3 full.
- 9. Dig out the seedlings from the seed-starting tray using a small.
If you don't have a positive experience for ANY reason, we will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Buying items online can be a daunting task, so we want you to realize that there are absolutely ZERO risks in buying something and trying it out. If you don't like it, no hard feelings we'll make it right.
We have 24/7/365 Ticket and Email Support. Please contact us if you need assistance.
💳 Shop with ease and choose your favorite payment method:
🌐 Choose a payment method: During checkout, you can connect your PayPal account, credit card, debit card, or bank account. We support multiple payment methods, ensuring you have flexible payment options.
🔐 Secure Login: If you choose PayPal, you can securely log into your PayPal account. If using a credit card, you can choose Credit Card Express for quick payment. Enter your payment information, making sure it is accurate.
🛍 Submit order: After completing product selection, click Submit order. Next, you will be directed to PayPal to complete the transaction. If you choose to pay by credit card, you will see the option to "Pay with credit or debit card."
🏠 Confirm Address: Confirm or enter your address information on PayPal to ensure your order will be shipped to your desired address. Click "Submit" to continue.
💸 Payment Processing: Your payment will be processed securely. After successful payment, the system will send a detailed payment invoice to your email to confirm your purchase.
If you'd like to check out by credit card, click on PayPal and select "Pay with debit or credit card" for express checkout.
✨ Simple, safe and convenient, start your happy shopping trip! 🛒🌐
Gardenerstars sells the finest and freshest seeds in the industry. All we sell is 100% pure seed: no additives, no fillers…EVER! As such, our germination rates far exceed government standards, and when planted according to recognized practices, should provide lasting and satisfying results for years to come.
That said, we can make no explicit guarantees or allowances for circumstances over which we have no control. Bad weather, poor timing, and human error can all lead to unanticipated and unsatisfactory results. As all experienced gardeners are aware, Mother Nature does not guarantee perfection, and neither can we. What we can, and do promise, however, is that the products you purchase from us will be of the highest quality to be found anywhere.
If you have a question or complaint concerning germination, or if you believe the products you received were mislabeled, visit our Refund & Return Policy page for further instructions.