Spherical, silvery white blooms are beacons to pollinators.
These stunning, 2" blooms are nectar laden and attract many pollinators. They form on sturdy, silvery stems 36–48" tall with deeply cut, dark green foliage that provides contrast and adds texture.
- Botanical Name: Echinops bannaticus 'Star Frost'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Time:Mid to late summer.
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Silvery white flowers
- Flower Form: 2" across spheres (rounded flowers)
- Foliage Type: Dark green that is deeply cut and shaped like lances with silvery green underneath.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 36 - 48 inches
- Spread: 24 inches
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below the soil level and 24" apart.
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Not needed