Cream and soft pink with a vibrant lip.
We love how these delicate beauties capture the light and sway in 3–7 flower racemes atop naked scapes. You'll marvel at the blooms' stunning lip, which is yellow and flecked with purple. Penway Sunset is easier to grow than other orchid varieties because it grows in the ground and can withstand colder temperatures than its tree-dwelling cousins.
- Botanical Name: Bletilla striata 'Penway Sunset'
- Form: Rhizome
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Time: Late spring to early summer
- Light Requirements: Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Soft pink and light yellow flowers
- Flower Form: Small, cattleya-like to 11/2" long in 3-7 flowered racemes atop naked scapes
- Foliage Type: 3-5 linear, pleated, papery-textured, sword-shaped, to 12" long
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 32 - 40 inches
- Spread: 12 - 15 inches
- Planting Instructions: 4" deep and 12 - 15" apart
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Not needed