Brightens shady areas with colour, form and style.
When shadowed sites and woodland spaces need a pick me-up, look no further than this subtle yet sumptuous shade lover. Intense blue blooms hover above heart-shaped, green foliage in spring, giving shaded containers, cottage gardens, borders and rockeries a well deserved upgrade. Hardy, reliable and fast growing, it makes an exceptional ground cover.
- Botanical Name: Brunnera macrophylla
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Time: Mid to late spring
- Light Requirements: Partial Shade, Full Shade
- Flower Color: Light blue
- Flower Form: Small 1/4", Forget-Me-Not like flowers in loose sprays
- Foliage Type: Clumps of large heart-shaped medium green leaves
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 12 - 16 inches
- Spread: 12 - 18 inches
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below soil level and 12-18" apart.
- Soil Requirements: Well drained humus enriched and moisture retentive
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Remove dead or dying leaves late in season.