Your Garden, Your Oasis
An island getaway in your own backyard. It seems like a daydream, especially in colder, Northern climates, but the varieties in our Sweet & Sultry Hibiscus Collection set a tropical scene all the way up to zone 4, which gets as cold as –30°F! Tropical, saucer-like flowers cover the massive plants from top to bottom—a big improvement on old-fashioned, top-heavy varieties. Your exotic hibiscus will bloom again and again from midsummer to early fall. What's more, these hibiscus are very easy to care for, so just relax, sit back and enjoy them in your very own garden paradise!
Includes 1 each of Midnight Marvel, Starry Starry Night and Berry Awesome
Midnight Marvel Constantly yields huge, 8–9" flowers of pure red throughout the season. Blooms glow against rich purple foliage featuring thick and leathery leaves. This award-winning hibiscus is irresistible to hummingbirds.
Starry Starry Night
Pale pink, saucer-shaped blooms reaching 7–8" wide are heavily veined in dark pink and have deep red eyes. When in full bloom, the giant flowers virtually cloak the nearly black, maple-like foliage. Deer resistant.
Deep green, neatly formed foliage is the perfect backdrop to the 7–8", lavender pink, ruffled blooms with red centres. Will bloom again and again during the season.
- Botanical Name: Hibiscus
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Time: Midsummer to early fall
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Pink/Pale pink with red/Red
- Flower Form: 7-9" rounded overlapping petals
- Foliage Type: Various shape of foliage, depending on variety
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Height/Habit: 42 - 48 inches
- Spread: 4 - 5 feet
- Planting Instructions: Dig a hole deep enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Roots should be just below the soil surface with the crown at the soil level.
- Soil Requirements: Prefers well drained soil, but will tolerate heavier soils.
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningNone, except to prune into desired form