Verbena is one of those garden essentials that bloom from spring to fall with very little fuss.
Verbena bonariensis flowers on tall, wiry stems and can be planted with a variety of different perennials, including grasses. It has a long flowering season, making it an ideal plant for low-maintenance gardens and herbaceous borders.Verbena bonariensis works well in a number of garden settings, such as cottage and contemporary gardens, due to its height and airy appearance. It s also beneficial for attracting wildlife, particularly butterflies.
|Seeds per Packet
|Blue Vervain, Common Verbena, Common Vervain, Eisenkraut, Enchanter s Plant, luisa
|Deep violet, lavender, red, pink, cream and white
|July, August, September, October
Planting and care
- While the verbena flower is drought resistant, the blooms are improved with regular watering of an inch or so each week
- Water verbena plants at the base to avoid wetting the foliage
- However, verbena plant care may not include weekly water if rainfall in your area has reached an inch or more
- A limited application of complete, slow-release fertilizer is also a part of verbena plant care
- Apply in spring and again following the occasional trims needed for optimum bloom
- When planted in proper verbena growing conditions, expect blooms the first season
- Continued blooms throughout the summer are possible if the gardener keeps the plant trimmed back
- Some are hesitant to remove parts of the plant regularly, but this is often necessary when planting verbena for summer blooms
- When blooms slow, trim the entire plant back by one fourth for a new show of flowers in two to three weeks
- Fertilize lightly following the trim and water well
- Repeat this step as needed when learning how to grow verbena successfully
- When planting verbena, remember to water, fertilize and trim for long lasting color in the summer garden and beyond
Verbena Quartz Mixed Color care
- Verbena plants, known for its brightly colored blossoms and fast growth, are sun-loving and drought tolerant, making them perfect for warmer climates
- While you can buy started verbena plants in a garden store or nursery, growing them from seed may be gentler on your budget
- To start enjoying your verbena as soon as possible, plant the seeds indoors in a seed tray approximately 12 weeks before the last spring frost in your specific area
- In a short time, you ll have splashes of cheerful color for painting your home s landscaping pallet
|Water regularly until the plants are happy and well established. Thereafter, water them only when very dry.
|Plant in ordinary garden soil.
|65 to 70 degrees C
|Verbena needs to be fertilized only once a year â€“ in spring when the plants are about 4 inch tall. Use a complete fertilizer, and donâ€™t fertilize verbena plants when you first set them out in the garden. Wait until they are established and growing.
Verbena Quartz Mixed Color special feature
- The lavender flowers of verbena attract butterflies to the garden throughout summer.
- An annual, verbena varieties range from pretty ornamentals to lemon verbena, which is used as a lightly citrus-tasting herb.
Verbena Quartz Mixed Color uses
- Verbena is a popular hanging basket plant, and it also looks good in rock gardens or as an edging, and in window boxes
- You will find them in your local garden center in little pots and big hanging baskets
- Lemon verbena has been used as a medicinal plant for centuries, touted for use as an antispasmodic, antipyretic (fever reducer), carminative, sedative, stomachic, and antimicrobial
- Little or no research is available regarding its medicinal use
- The leaves and flowering tops are used in teas and as beverage flavors
- Its fragrance is used in perfumery
💳 Shop with ease and choose your favorite payment method:
🌐 Choose a payment method: During checkout, you can connect your PayPal account, credit card, debit card, or bank account. We support multiple payment methods, ensuring you have flexible payment options.
🔐 Secure Login: If you choose PayPal, you can securely log into your PayPal account. If using a credit card, you can choose Credit Card Express for quick payment. Enter your payment information, making sure it is accurate.
🛍 Submit order: After completing product selection, click Submit order. Next, you will be directed to PayPal to complete the transaction. If you choose to pay by credit card, you will see the option to "Pay with credit or debit card."
🏠 Confirm Address: Confirm or enter your address information on PayPal to ensure your order will be shipped to your desired address. Click "Submit" to continue.
💸 Payment Processing: Your payment will be processed securely. After successful payment, the system will send a detailed payment invoice to your email to confirm your purchase.
If you'd like to check out by credit card, click on PayPal and select "Pay with debit or credit card" for express checkout.
✨ Simple, safe and convenient, start your happy shopping trip! 🛒🌐
Gardenerstars sells the finest and freshest seeds in the industry. All we sell is 100% pure seed: no additives, no fillers…EVER! As such, our germination rates far exceed government standards, and when planted according to recognized practices, should provide lasting and satisfying results for years to come.
That said, we can make no explicit guarantees or allowances for circumstances over which we have no control. Bad weather, poor timing, and human error can all lead to unanticipated and unsatisfactory results. As all experienced gardeners are aware, Mother Nature does not guarantee perfection, and neither can we. What we can, and do promise, however, is that the products you purchase from us will be of the highest quality to be found anywhere.
If you have a question or complaint concerning germination, or if you believe the products you received were mislabeled, visit our Refund & Return Policy page for further instructions.